Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 111 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Email - sysprem.com

@VMCopperUser wrote:

@用心棒 wrote:

I just find it odd that the filters (even today) are NOT working against the ones tagged with this sysprem.com

Tip: to see if filter rules are applied to messages add the following rule and move it to the head (top) of the filters list.

2019-02-11.jpeg
If a message's flag is not grey then filter rules have not run against it; be aware there is a bug with set flag colour whereby it will not cascade and only the first matching flag colour will be applied.

utania
Tuning in
Message 112 of 199
Flag for a moderator

I think the problem with my filters may be that virgin webmail allows you to add multiple accounts, so I have 5 mailboxes and only the first seems to have the filters applied

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 113 of 199
Flag for a moderator

@utania wrote:

I think the problem with my filters may be that virgin webmail allows you to add multiple accounts, so I have 5 mailboxes and only the first seems to have the filters applied

It will seem obvious after you read this:  You need to log out of each email address and log in separately to choose the settings options for that individual mailbox.  Double check the Spam setting is to your liking and put in any filter rules you choose.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
utania
Tuning in
Message 114 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, will be trying that as soon as i dig out what the password is, been years since i've logged directly into the account 😄
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 115 of 199
Flag for a moderator

This is a good time to change the passwords to be sure they are as secure as possible.  I use KeePass - a litle programme to store passwords securely.  It also generates passwords for me!  I keep it on a memory stick and so it works at home and at work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 116 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Hi utania, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am sorry you're having some problems with Spam emails. Hopefully the replies from our community have helped resolve this for you, if not let us know and we will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
utania
Tuning in
Message 117 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm that after logging into the email account directly and adding a filter it is working as expected.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 118 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear our community have been able to help!

If you have any further issues in the future please feel free to get back in touch on here.

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
BeginnersLuck
On our wavelength
Message 119 of 199
Flag for a moderator

The spam emails are still flooding into my inbox... I wouldn't mind them being diverted into spam, but having so many in my inbox is getting a bit much. 

I've set up so many filters that don't seem to be having any effect. What am I missing here? (Could be any numbers of things - I am far from an expert in this!)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 120 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Post detail (or better still a screenshot) of the filter rule and the filter rule list.

0 Kudos