Menu
peterfenton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Spam Email - sysprem.com

I am getting between 10 and 20 emails a day from this address  contact_@sysprem.com or something very similar  but always sysprem.com

I spam each one but it doesn't seen to stop them is there anything I can do to stop all emails from sysprem.com

I have tried Virgin but they are not very helpful at all  ........

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 199
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam Email - sysprem.com

In webmail create the following filter rule (or similar rule if your email client support filtering): 2019-01-30.jpeg

braden09
Settling in
Message 3 of 199
Flag for a moderator

What if that part of the email address is greyed out does this filter setting still work?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Yes; the underlying data will still read sysprem.com regardless of UI colour choices

chrisfry35
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Out of interest - how are these guys evading the standard "mark as spam" mechanism?

Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 6 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chrisfry35,

I'm using windows 10, Windows live mail and Virgin Media blueyonder. What are you using?

I'm getting the same problem and it's slowly getting worse.  I have sysprem.com and contact_@sysprem.com in my blocked senders list and I also checked that it hasn't snuck into the safe senders list. VM   phishing@virginmedia.com seem incapable of receiving my emails with the message source info as they request but it appears they are only interested in fraudulent VM emails, even though I raised a queery Report ref No 2118637 over spam filtering through my incoming mail server, I have still heard nothing and I'm begining to feel blacklisted by them as a nuicance.

I am trying to find the best free and kept up to date downloadable blacklist at the moment, hopefully somebody from VM might point us in the right direction or offer advice that works.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 199
Flag for a moderator

@chrisfry35 wrote:

Thanks. Out of interest - how are these guys evading the standard "mark as spam" mechanism?

Not sure there is much evading going on here so I will leave this for Virgin Media to answer; be aware it can take them a few days to work through to your post.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 199
Flag for a moderator

@Whatsisname wrote:

I am trying to find the best free and kept up to date downloadable blacklist at the moment, hopefully somebody from VM might point us in the right direction or offer advice that works.

You could do a lot worse than taking a look at this https://www.mailwasher.net/

Edited just to add - there is a free option (see the link to 'Mailwasher Free' at the top of their homepage).

I used it for a long time and found it was excellent. These days I use Gmail which deals with spam very effectively without the need for any add ons.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
jonc27
Tuning in
Message 9 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Glad I've seen this thread - these spam emails have been driving me mad for days! I've added a filter to block sysprem.com, so fingers crossed that does the trick.

Thanks for raising, and thanks for advice.

Whatsisname
Dialled in
Message 10 of 199
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Coenoby,

Out of interest There are the big boys like invaluement.com, spamhause.org, surbl.org and urible.com. Unfortunately they are not public nor downloadable lists but you can search some for problem domains or ip addresses if your interested. Of all the dozens I've garnered from my spam only 113.190.216.104 showed up, so I guess  sysprem id is hidden in Vietnam I think. Thanks for the mailwasher link, will let you know 

0 Kudos