Menu
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam Cop

I frequently email a contact in Hamilton Ontario Canada but recently my 'blueyonder' emails bounce back from a filter called spam cop. The last returned email had the below on it as the reason for the bounce back

https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?212.54.57.97

They can email me from their Cogeco.ca platform.

I can easily circumvent this issue by using another platform be it gmail or cloud etc etc  My wifes virgin email goes through ok too.

Discussing this with the Canadian contact they told me they belong to a local forum which has asked all their members who use 'cogeco' to provide another email address for communications as it seems the same issue affects that forum.

I appreciate this appears to be local issue there but why pick out blueyonder?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Cop

Hello

Looking at the report you would need to speak to the email server administrator to answer your questions, it looks like that the software on the email server is blocking the email address for the virginmedia servers for some reason, potentially could be a false positive.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

spamcop are in the process of de-listing it which will hopefully resolve the issue for you.

2020-07-20.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ianjayne
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you that’s good news.

0 Kudos