cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Emails not arriving

Elaine128
Dialled in

Hi  I am trying to resurrect an old Facebook account.  In order to confirm my identity Facebook keep trying to send a code to my email address which is an old NTLworld address that I no longer use.  However the email containing the code never arrives - I've tried several times, changed passwords etc and a friend of mine has also tried to send an email to it with no success, however I do appear to be able to receive spam emails.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail and:

• make sure that  ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > SPAM Settings > Reject All SPAM messages is not selected
    FYI: default is Move message to Spam folder
  • select  ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules to confirm there are no unexpected rules listed
    Should you find any unexpected rules make a note of their function or deactivate them, assess the risks from them and take appropriate actions to counter then follow the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail and:

• make sure that  ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > SPAM Settings > Reject All SPAM messages is not selected
    FYI: default is Move message to Spam folder
  • select  ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules to confirm there are no unexpected rules listed
    Should you find any unexpected rules make a note of their function or deactivate them, assess the risks from them and take appropriate actions to counter then follow the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you so much.  I don't know what worked but I have now received my code and am back in my account.  I puzzled over it for hours yesterday!  Thanks again.

Hi @Elaine128,

Thank you for your posts. I'm sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble with your email account, but it looks like @用心棒 was able to assist you in getting this sorted out.

Please do let us know if there's anything more we can do to help you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!