Menu
mames
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So many Spam Emails

Spam emails seem to be getting worse. I've tried to use the filters as best I can. It seems that it's no longer enough just to filter the 'From' field for 'Contains' and the offending sender, so have moved on to adding criteria to the Envelope or Return Path or Header.  It seem that whatever I do I keep getting multiple spam emails daily.

Come on Virgin! Update your spam filters on the server - it can't be that hard for the experts.

Viewing the source of recent spam email - so much crap in there that the offenders are using to mask their true source - which part am I supposed to use in the filter?

Any ideas anyone?

boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: So many Spam Emails

Hi mames,

Have a look at message 4, (and try the single multi-spam filter), here - 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-amp-blacklist/td-p/4143587

Most crud that comes through with variable parts of the (spoofed) email, usually have a common, constant part in the addresses. That's the part that's added to the filter and non of the variable tosh.

It should take less than 5 minutes to set up on a web browser, using Virgin Media Webmail. Not difficult, honest 😉  

0 Kudos
mames
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks boothy99 - have just set this up now so hopefully will resolve. I'll be sure to add to it for any new ones

Cheers

boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Look forward to hearing how it goes, mames 😁 Glad to hear you set it up already 👌👍 

0 Kudos
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Couple more added to the list today from infos(at)mightynetworks.com and noreply(at)info.deal-mates.com (they added a hyphen .... how inventive 😂 )

Add these to the front of the multi-spam filter list if you like....

@mightynetworks.com|@info.deal-mates.com|

0 Kudos
mames
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks - have added these plus a few others.  They are certainly relentless!

boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another one - info(at)zuluedm(dot)com from today.....

Add to the list.......

@zulu|

If there are any others, post 'em up in case they're making the rounds 👍 

0 Kudos
NJD1977
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi - new to this forum but I've followed the email filters and they seem to be working really well in general. I do have a problem with one in particular though and was looking to understand the Regex syntax on how to block it.

the emails come from (at)room(dot)afqfitness(dot)com but they often change the word room to something else. I tried various options in the Regex filter but as room keeps changing it then gets through.

My thoughts were it should show @*(dot)afqfitness(dot)com

I tried just adding |afqfitness| but that doesn't seem to work. Also tried |(at)afqfitness(dot)com| also tried |(at)(dot)afqfitness(dot)com|

What is the correct syntax for making the room part a wildcard?

0 Kudos
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi NJD1977,

" afqfitness(dot)com| " should work if the filter is set up as follows

SmartSelect_20210217-094314_Brave.jpg