cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow mail loading

Sigma
Fibre optic

I'm experiencing the same issue.

If I try and use webmail, often the page fails to load at all and it tells me to try reloading. When it does load, it's really slow to load in and it won't show any emails; it just shows a loading icon where the email list should be.

When using an email client, it connects to the server, then often hangs part way through the "receiving list of messages from server" stage. Sometimes it times out. Sometimes it eventually completes and I'm able to receive any new emails.

Something is definitely not right. I'm in the ST17 area and there was work done in the area to fix an email issue that started yesterday, which was completed earlier today. I was not having any issues with emails during the time period where there was supposedly an issue - it's only since the engineers supposedly resolved that issue that I've been having problems.

EDIT - I am not receiving email now. The process appears to complete and it says "no new messages", but I've sent myself 3 different test emails from 3 different accounts and none of them have been received.

14 REPLIES 14

Sigma
Fibre optic
Currently, I cannot see any emails via webmail as it just says "Error: Failed to load messages".

Via an email client, I'm seeing a delay of around 90 minutes in between mail being sent and being received. E.g. Amazon sent me an email at 12:34 PM today, but I did not get it until 2:02 PM. My email client checks for new mail every 5 minutes, so yeah - the delay is around 90 minutes, give or take a few minutes.

The test emails I sent to myself earlier have still not arrived.

One of the test emails I sent just arrived. It was sent at 1:06 PM and arrived at 3:36 PM, so again, a delay of 90 minutes.

I'm still unable to access webmail as the main part of the page takes around 2 minutes to load, but then it fails to load the list of emails.

Same issue. Not affecting all email addresses, but my primary email address is not receiving emails, since 12:00 ish

r21442
Tuning in

Same here G62 area. Impossible to do some apps that email a verification code that needs entered or times out in minutes. Furthermore there is at least one source that sends me 2 mails a day minimum and I've not been getting them since Saturday. No idea if linked?

mike1958
Tuning in

Got the same issue here - webmail taking a while to load since around 11.30-12, and since then I've only received 1 email confirming something I ordered a couple of hours previously.  I know of at least 3 other messages I should have received but still waiting for though - one of which is a quickpay confirmation from VM on this months bill that I paid around 12.30pm today (this payment is showing in my VM account though so I know it has gone through).

Suzy6
Joining in

I'm having a real problem with slow mail loading. Emails downloaded first thing this morning but then have come through at about the rate of 1 every few hours. It's my ntl email that seems affected not my virgin one. I think others are potentially having the same problem so I'm assuming it's the servers? 

Should have said, mines in an ntlworld address as well.

Wilts
On our wavelength

Not received emails since 13.00 today. I've been in phone contact with a couple of co.s today; they've sent emails but i have not received them.

Just did a test from my wife's email to me - not received.

Her google mail is sending and receiving.

Must be issue with Virgin.

My wife uses a googlemail email address

I use an old Blueyonder one.

Definite prob at VM end.

Any VM mods on here, to assist?

Regards

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are aware of the issues and a fault ticket has been raised - no estimated resolution time as yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks