Menu
Rakehand
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Signing into my account

Good evening all.

I have been with virgin media for a good number of years and my account email is an old blueyonder email that i can no longer access, so the question is how do i get that email cancelled and my new email address subsituted in its place. Have called but not got very far. Help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ken.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signing into my account

Before we can advise further it would be helpful to know why you can't access the blueyonder email address, especially if it is the primary username for your current Virginmedia broadband account.

What error message do you get when attempting to access the email account via the VM webmail page?

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rakehand
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Just keeps saying, We didnt recognise the We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again. Both mine and my wifes Blueyonder accounts have been lost, we now have Gmail accounts, so need to change the Login email.

Many thanks for the quick response.

Ken.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Rakehand

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you tried resetting the blueyonder password? This could make the process a whole lot quicker.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rakehand
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Travis,

I cant change the password as i cannot access the Blueyonder account at all, it got lost by Virgin media. Hence i have a gmail email now.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried the forgotten username route to identify what email address the system has got as your primary username?  This is a different route to the password reset option.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I see, i'll private message you now to get this sorted. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rakehand
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Tes I have tried that and my old blueyonder email is the primary email, but to change the password etc virgin site is telling me to login with that email that no longer exists. I have tried lost email checkers and it is gone. So I need virgin to put my new email as the primary sign in email.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Rakehand  I will leave you in the care of @Travis_M   He will be able to investigate this for you when you reply to his private message (purple envelope icon top right corner of this screen).

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Similar to myself, can use outlook etc to check my blueyonder emails, but webmail is a no no.

Really weird.

Majide!
0 Kudos