Menu
polly43
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Signing Into Virgin e-mail

Why is it that for some time now, when signing into my Virgin e-mail account, I have to jump through hoops; identifying stuff like traffic lights, 'Crosswalks' (eh?) fire hydrants, etc.?  I get at least two of these very time I sign in!  What's it all in aid of?  🙄

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signing Into Virgin e-mail

Hello

The system that VM uses is a way of verifying that it is an actual human being at the end and not just a script that is running on the computer, it used to give the best security available to protect your account, without it a script could just keep trying to access an account trying different password each time.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
polly43
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.  I couldn't understand why this has suddenly started. It never used to be necessary.  🤔

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@polly43 wrote:

Thanks Mike.  I couldn't understand why this has suddenly started. It never used to be necessary.  🤔

You are seeing it more often as Virgin Media have tightened their security settings.

If you are having to go through the pictures more than once it suggests you are not selecting all the relevant squares first time.  It can be tricky as you have to select all squares showing even a small part of the target item.  The use of American terminology makes the process more complicated.

There is an option to select an audio prompt which may help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
polly43
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Especially as the little pictures themselves are not clear.  For instance - taxis!  I can recognise the US yellow cabs, but as for the other cars, how on earth can you tell whether they are taxis or not when they are all so small and blurry?  😕

0 Kudos