cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I delete my Blueyonder Email address and use Gmail instead ?

BrianLudwig
Up to speed

Should I delete my Blueyonder Email address and use Gmail instead ?  I wanted a new VM email address but this is no longer possible !

Any advice appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BrianLudwig wrote:

Any advice appreciated !

Virgin Media stopped issuing new VM email accounts to new and existing customers almost a year ago. VM have said that they will continue to support existing email accounts that are linked to a live VM broadband account but the long term future of the VM email service is unclear.

So if you need another email address you have no choice but to set one up with another email provider but it's completely your choice what you do regarding your existing Blueyonder email account.

"Should I delete my Blueyonder Email address"

Even if you decide to switch to using another email account it is going to take time to move over to the new one. If nothing else, many of your email contacts will almost certainly continue to send emails to your old account for quite a while.

Personally, I would switch to using another non VM email account but set up an auto forward from your Blueyonder account to your new email account. That way you won't miss receiving any emails. Then at some point in the future, for instance when the only emails it's receiving are spam emails, you can decide to close the Blueyonder account.

"use Gmail instead"

Gmail is probably the most popular email service in terms of number of accounts so you'll be in good company.

On the other hand there are many other excellent options. You might like to check this site  https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts for ideas.

Those are my thoughts for what they're worth.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BrianLudwig wrote:

Any advice appreciated !

Virgin Media stopped issuing new VM email accounts to new and existing customers almost a year ago. VM have said that they will continue to support existing email accounts that are linked to a live VM broadband account but the long term future of the VM email service is unclear.

So if you need another email address you have no choice but to set one up with another email provider but it's completely your choice what you do regarding your existing Blueyonder email account.

"Should I delete my Blueyonder Email address"

Even if you decide to switch to using another email account it is going to take time to move over to the new one. If nothing else, many of your email contacts will almost certainly continue to send emails to your old account for quite a while.

Personally, I would switch to using another non VM email account but set up an auto forward from your Blueyonder account to your new email account. That way you won't miss receiving any emails. Then at some point in the future, for instance when the only emails it's receiving are spam emails, you can decide to close the Blueyonder account.

"use Gmail instead"

Gmail is probably the most popular email service in terms of number of accounts so you'll be in good company.

On the other hand there are many other excellent options. You might like to check this site  https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts for ideas.

Those are my thoughts for what they're worth.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the quick reply which is very helpful - I have now set up a Gmail account.

Regards