Menu
Reply
Walpie27
  • 4
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
542 Views
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Setting top a new email address

Trying to set up a Virgin media email account (already have an NTLworld email)

The issue is, after going through the details and selecting a new email, verifying it's available I then get  -  "This part of the site isn't working at the moment, but it'll be up and running again soon" every time and the email account is then lost 

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Reply
HowardML
  • 12.27K
  • 1.42K
  • 5.72K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
538 Views
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Setting top a new email address

We know the site is playing up at the moment. It's under investigation. Patience required. It'll be back sometime soon?


I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
Emily_G
  • 4.78K
  • 207
  • 285
Forum Team
Forum Team
460 Views
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting top a new email address

Thanks for the post Walpie27 and welcome to our community.

 

Can we please confirm if you've been able to create this mailbox since your post? 

 

Would this be a sub account to your primary NTLworld email?

 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Reply
Walpie27
  • 4
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
454 Views
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting top a new email address

Hi

No, still had no joy, even called VM yesterday and it was raised as a technical issue for IT to look at. It is a sub account, my primary account has issues now with spam mail, with (possible) virus links - although 80% go to junk, the other 20% don’t . Plus the email address dates back years.

0 Kudos
Reply
Emily_G
  • 4.78K
  • 207
  • 285
Forum Team
Forum Team
448 Views
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting top a new email address

Thanks for the information, if this was raised through an IT ticket these have a time frame to be completed in up to 5 working days.

 

Could you let us know if you're still having some trouble from Friday? 

 

Did they provide you with a reference?

 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Reply
Walpie27
  • 4
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
436 Views
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Setting top a new email address

No I didn’t get a reference

He did say it would be 5 days and someone would call me and arrange to set up the email of my choice if it’s available

Unfortunately, VM were slightly less helpful on the twitter feed 

0 Kudos
Reply