The username I am using is [MOD EDIT: Removed] and the password I was first given when I joined NTL World.
That is set to <name>@ntlworld.com and <password>.
I think you have two options to resolve this:
1) Sign in to your My Virgin Media account and checking whether that ntlworld email is listed there. If it is there you can reset the email password to a new one and then use that new password when setting up the email account in Outlook. Here's what to do in your My Virgin Media account:
- The MVM interface is being updated but at the moment but once you have signed in you need to click on "Account settings" then "Account details"
- If the email address is your primary address it will show there and you can change the password from there.
- If it is a secondary address you will need to click on the "Manage accounts" and select it from the list
- Once you have selected the right email address then click on "View/Change" to the right of the address
- Then click on "Change" to the right of password.
2) If that email address is not listed in your MVM account then try signing in to that email account directly (rather than via your My Virgin Media Account) from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ by entering the "<name>@ntlworld.com and <password>" details that you have.
Hopefully that will let you in but I suspect you may see the "Mailbox unavailable" error message, or perhaps "We did not recognise the Username or Password ".
If that is the case you need to try resetting the password by clicking on the word "Password" in the line that says "Forgotten email or password" towards the bottom of that screen. (That is what @Carley_S was suggesting to you earlier.)
Post back with how that goes.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks