Menu
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Set password for another Email account!!

When we/I signed up for Virgin broadband.  We both had Email/accounts on blueyonder.co.uk. So my Email husbandname@blueyonder.co.uk (this was the account holder and can look at the billing etc).  My wife had a name wifename@blueyonder.co.uk.  But for some reason when web mail came in I had to go to a new Email name husbandnamMk2@virginmedia.com.  I can receive mail via a mail client on my PC and may wife can receive mail on her laptop.  Me on VMedia and her on blueyonder.  I can use Email on Web  Mail. I know my password for husbandanme@blueyonder.co.uk and also for husbandMk2@virginmedia.com.  But I can't remember the password for wifename@blueyonder.co.uk.  If I go to reset it using my authoritive username on blueyonder.co.uk acount it will send the link ??  There should be a way of logging on as me on blueyonder.co.uk the owner of this dual name nonense and reset the password just on wifename@blueyonder.co.uk.  I have always disliked this split name nonense.  Why can't it all be on blueyonder as we first had it. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set password for another Email account!!

Sign in to My Virgin Media https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

NB. If wifename@ is actually an alias of husbandname@ rather than a secondary account then they will share the same maillbox and password.

If you cannot see your wife's email address listed under Manage accounts when logged into My Virgin Media with the primary account then there may be a problem with the account configuration at VMs end.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped