cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Response: 421 csmtp5.tb.ukmail.iss.as9413.net cmsmtp Virgin Media has blocked your connecting IP x

ei3014
Tuning in

Hi,

I can see this error has been reported before - and it seems to be related to a "SPAM TRAP" which needs to be unblocked by virgin media.

I hope you can help me with this. I have 4 Thunderbird clients and 4 outlook clients - all stopped working at the same time

Hoping you can help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ei3014 wrote:
I can see this error has been reported before................

As you have probably seen in those other threads, your best first step (if you have not done so already) is to complete a Net Report to Virgin Media as detailed here:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/UNABLE-TO-SEND-EMAILS-FROM-NTLWORLD-ACCOUNT-ON-PC-AND-MOB... 

Note though where that post refers to  pasting "the error message shown in the curl command" simply paste the full error message you are seeing from your email client as per the title of this thread including the phrase  "Too many bad emails have been sent." if you are seeing that.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ei3014 wrote:
I can see this error has been reported before................

As you have probably seen in those other threads, your best first step (if you have not done so already) is to complete a Net Report to Virgin Media as detailed here:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/UNABLE-TO-SEND-EMAILS-FROM-NTLWORLD-ACCOUNT-ON-PC-AND-MOB... 

Note though where that post refers to  pasting "the error message shown in the curl command" simply paste the full error message you are seeing from your email client as per the title of this thread including the phrase  "Too many bad emails have been sent." if you are seeing that.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ei3014, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Did any of the advice above help at all?

I have just tried this link on a few devices on WIFI and over mobile data and they managed to work for me.

Please let us know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

So reporting it to the web site mentioned in the Thunderbird error message seems to have done the trick  (https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport)

One upgrade I would propose is virgin not routing anything related to an email client to "Fix my gadget" - who want to charge £50 for a "fix".

Thanks for following up, that's appreciated.

Geoff

We're glad to hear this is all sorted for you now. 

^Martin