Menu
pplou
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sent emails missing

I have tried to contact your support team without success, the reason I need to contact someone is that I have just noticed all my sent emails have 'disappeared' pre 7th December 2020.  I have a vast amount of correspondence and am worried that you may have deleted them.  I notice several other people seem to have the same issue.  How can we rectify the issue?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent emails missing

Are you seeing this in webmail  or other email client? if the latter sign into webmail and review the content of the Sent folder from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pplou
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately in Webmail and replicating through to all other client accounts.  First noticed in outlook and then went into webmail as I thought it might be a replication issue, but they are missing from webmail

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the missing Sent emails are not to be found in webmail's Trash folder then unfortunately:

1. they are not recoverable
  2. Virgin Media do not keep backups as stated in their Acceptable Use Policy where they write:

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.

Given the unexpectedness of the loss consider reviewing whether the advice here Compromised Email Account advice is appropriate.

0 Kudos