Menu
sdu60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sent email won't display correctly on server. .

I am using microsoft outlook on win 10 and using Imap folders. Recently I had a problem in that the sent folder and all my sent emails disappeared from my pc. However they remained on the webmail server.
I made a new sent folder in outlook and sent mail now correctly stores there with the addressed person shown.  The emails also appear/sync on the web mail server in the new sent folder. However on the virgin web mail I can only see who has sent the mail (only myself) and not the person addressed. Can't find any way of changing this.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent email won't display correctly on server. .

Not that familiar with Outlook but that should not matter given the generic nature of the issue, i.e. same actions in other email client would lead to same issue.

Either of the following should resolve the issue though the former is preferred to the latter:

• in Outlook subscribe to the (original) Sent folder, then set it as the location to save sent emails and finally copy email over from the other sent folder you created
  • in Webmail select ☰ > Settings > Accounts > Edit (located next to account name) > Sent messages (located under Standard folders) > Select and choose the folder you created for Outlook to store sent emails

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos