Menu
Retepdrallub
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sent Folder Missing

When I access my emails through a browser there is no longer a Sent folder (There is a Sent Objects folder but there is nothing in it).  I cannot find a way to make the Sent folder reappear.  Anyone know how to solve this ?

Peter

0 Kudos
BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent Folder Missing

If you send an email using VM Webmail (via a browser) a copy of the email is put in the Sent Objects folder.

If you normally use an email client for emails (Outlook, Gmail etc), the copy of the sent email will be held in a “sent” folder connected to the email client.

So, you have either – never sent an email via Webmail – or, you, or somebody else has deleted them from the Sent Objects folder.

0 Kudos
Retepdrallub
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  That makes sense.  I have recently switched to eMClient on my desktop.  When I am away from home I access email via the browser on my phone.  I had assumed I would be able to see the emails I had sent as well as those I had received.  I only noticed they were not there when I tried to check who I had sent an email too.

Peter

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I use Thunderbird, and husband uses iPad mail app.  They both synchronise emails in the sent folder with the VM webmail Sent objects folder.  Is eMClient different in some way?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sent items should sync provided the IMAP protocol is used.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Retepdrallub
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just checked eM Client and there doesn't seem to be any setting relating to sent emails being on the ISP (but they must have gone through it!)  Until recently I used livemail on my desktop PC and these emails don't seem to be in the web client either.

Peter

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then I expect you may well have set up both the email clients as POP connections. In which case emails which you send are only stored on the local device you are sending it from, the email server doesn't retain a copy.

Retepdrallub
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried adding IMAP to my account default account which is set up as POP and SMTP but couldnt find a way.  Could add the account again as IMAP but I have set up lots of rules to the POP account and would have to add them again.  I can live with not getting Sent mail when I am away.  Thanks for the help

Peter

0 Kudos