cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent Emails Are Missing

leegillies
Joining in

Hi,

I've logged into virgin media email online and I'm looking for an email that I sent last year however all sent emails older than 24/08/2022 are missing.

Please help.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@leegillies wrote:

all sent emails older than 24/08/2022 are missing.

Please help.

Have you looked in the Archive folders in your webmail account? There is usually an archive folder for each year.

Sadly if the emails are missing from your VM webmail account on the VM website then they are gone for good.

VM do not appear to keep backups and the Terms and Conditions of  their Broadband contracts do specify that it is the customer's responsibility to back up their emails.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff) will contact you via this thread, hopefully today, and will be able to give you the formal response from VM.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi leegillies 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your Sent emails cannot be found. As mentioned by coenoby, if the emails are missing on the WebMail service, here, then we would no longer have these available on our servers.

For clarity, do you have any rules set up on your inbox to automatically delete these emails - whether it's on the WebMail, or another 3rd-party application?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

leegillies
Joining in

Hi, 

I checked the archive folders before posting here. My incoming emails are available but my sent emails are missing. Please help.

Regards,

Lee

Hi @leegillies, thank you for your response.

Have you tried different browsers and devices to see whether that makes any difference at all?

Advice on how to manage your e-mail account can be found here

Regards,
Daniel