Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sending the message content to the server failed. The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) D5

Hi @modteam, I have been having this problem for about 3 days now, it doesnt matter who I send the email too, private email or company, the message cannot send;

Sending the message content to the server failed. The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603) D5k2ipvyoGidzD5k2iQylW

I went through the faq's and found someone who had been using a web address within their email- I am wondering if this is the problem I have, as I have my business email and web address in my emails and I have seen a HUGE increase in spam emails in the last 2 weeks (including ones claiming to be from a Hacker group who are attempting 'blackmailing me' with non-existent videos that they claim to have which they say come from that email address).

It has got to the point where my husband can't even email me from work, as his emails bounce coming to our virginmedia.com addresses. Any help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending the message content to the server failed. The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603

Hello

First thing I would do is run malwarebytes on your devices there is one for Android, iOS, MAC and Windows https://www.malwarebytes.com/lp/sem/en/ just too be certain as this could be the cause use the free version will find and clean any malicious software, before running a clean please make sure any important information is backed up, after running the first clean do a restart of device and re-run the scan just to make 100% sure everything has been removed,.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending the message content to the server failed. The server response was: SPAM Content Found (VM603

Thanks, but this is a 1 month old Macbook that is running Sopho's; i have scanned three times and found nothing. This is also an intermittent issue; I have noticed this afternoon that some emails I can reply to, others I cannot (from same recipient) and that others are having their emails they have sent to me, bounce back from VM servers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

When it bounces from them what do they get the same error that it contains spam, if so it could be the web address in the emails causing this.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying- this is what I was thinking. However, even removing the website address from my email now doesn't make any difference, and the emails are bounced straight`way. I get a VM401 message now, too. So frustrating as I am self-employed and cannot contact my clients.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does your SMTP (outgoing server) have authentication? If not you'll get the VM401 error.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos