cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails to club members

DaveyBridge
Tuning in

I am treasurer of a club with 150 members. I have set up an automated Excel sheet to send an email to each member once a month. I am setting up a new email address for this although I have had other email accounts with V for years.

I should mention each member will be sent individually as it includes personal information. It will not be 1 email with 150 recipients.

I have read about problems sending too many emails. Does anyone know if 150 in one day will be too many?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI

What is virgin media’s email sending limits

Send a message to more than 500 recipients or a large number of undeliverable emails and your account will be temporarily locked and disabled for up to 24 hours – it’s Virgin Media’s way of stopping abuse and spam. This can also be triggered when unsupported third-party software accesses your account or your entire Virgin Media mail account is downloaded to another mail app.

You can send a message to 100 people on Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail – Instant Message Access Protocol (IMAP) or Post Office Protocol (POP) email apps.

[Source: How to send an email | Virgin Media Help]

Be aware that since May 2022 it has not been possible for existing or new customers to create a new Virgin Media email address.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI

What is virgin media’s email sending limits

Send a message to more than 500 recipients or a large number of undeliverable emails and your account will be temporarily locked and disabled for up to 24 hours – it’s Virgin Media’s way of stopping abuse and spam. This can also be triggered when unsupported third-party software accesses your account or your entire Virgin Media mail account is downloaded to another mail app.

You can send a message to 100 people on Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail – Instant Message Access Protocol (IMAP) or Post Office Protocol (POP) email apps.

[Source: How to send an email | Virgin Media Help]

Be aware that since May 2022 it has not been possible for existing or new customers to create a new Virgin Media email address.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the information. I initially tried outlook and am now unable to recover my account, hence trying to use Virgin, but with caution!
you mention unsupported software as a possible issue - would my vba excel count as such? If so, I guess it is all a non starter

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The unsupported phrase used by Virgin Media is likely a catch all to absolve themselves from having to provide support but the reality is that if your software communicates correctly with the SMTP server then there is no reason for it not to work as expected.

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply. It does indeed communicate directly using STMP.

i guess I will now give it a try with some confidence, gradually ramping up numbers. At least it is only a 24 hour block rather than Outlook’s horrible recovery system.

Again, appreciate your help.