Menu
Verby
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sending emails on virgin.net

I have had a virgin.net email since at least the eighties & normally works ok. But over the last few months quite often I receive a message when trying to send emails. (connection problem 525.5.7.13 Authentication codeVM305)I've checked with Sky my broadband supplier who are at a loss to explain it, but after having spoken to my computer expert & done some tests it appears Virgin are blocking my outgoing mails because the ever changing IP address's given by Sky are perceived to be possibly fraudulent/blacklisted etc etc. I have to switch off my router for five minutes, reboot & hope that the new IP address will be acceptable to Virgin. Sometimes that lasts for weeks but over the last few days its been every day & its getting on my nerves. 

Can someone help please as I have been unable to contact anyone at Virgin for help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending emails on virgin.net

The VM305 error code indicates that the VM SMTP servers are blocking the emails as your external IP address is on the spamhaus CSS blacklist. This indicates that something on the network is infected with a spambot.

However, your problems don't end there.  If you don't have a current VM broadband account to which the virgin.net email address is tied it should have been closed down by now.

Have a look at the orphaned email account post in the pink area at the top of this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending emails on virgin.net

Hi there @Verby 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues with your email account. As Graham_A mentioned above it may now have been deleted. Have you been able to check to see if this is the case? If you no longer have services with us the email address will usually disconnect after 90 days. 

Let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos