cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email locked

Mattygolf73
Joining in

I recently got hacked but have reset my password, i can receive emails but can't reply to them or send new emails

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mattygolf73 wrote:

i can receive emails but can't reply to them or send new emails

So is that when you try to send using a third party email app (perhaps on your phone) or is it when you try sending directly from the Virgin Media webmail service on the VM website? Or are you unable to send emails via either route?

It would also be useful if you could post the exact error or error messages you are getting.

If you are not familiar with VM's webmail service you can sign into it using this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mattygolf73,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues with your email service recently. As @coenoby has also asked, can you confirm if this issue is occurring when using the webmail platform on our website or is it only occurring when you use a third party mail client/app?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, it is happening on both. Signing in via a PC and also accessing them from my phone app, neither allows me to reply to or forward emails or compose and send new ones. But i can receive them and read them ok.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

When you do try sending a reply - what is the error message you get etc? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi,  I get this error message

Screenshot_20220625-080950_Samsung Internet.jpg

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The relevant part of the screenshot says 'sending mailbox is locked'.  The picture cannot be shown as it contains private information.  This sending mailbox is locked message has been reported on several previous occasions in this forum and generally seems to need an IT referral to resolve.

@Ryan_N 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mattygolf73,

Thank you for trying to provide the error although this was blocked to safeguard your information, as advised by Graham it does look like we may need to raise this with our I T support team, so I can run further checks and get this raised I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.