Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sending attachments via email

I have been unable to send attachments (images) with my emails for the past few days. Is there a problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending attachments via email

@sturmason wrote:

I have been unable to send attachments (images) with my emails for the past few days. Is there a problem?

I have just used my VM email account to send a .jpg file and that was sent and received ok.

Your post is a bit light on detail so:

Firstly, are you seeing the problem in Virgin Media's online Webmail service or are you using an email app on your phone or an email client such as Thunderbird or MS Outlook on a laptop?

Secondly, exactly what is the problem? 🤔 Are you unable to attach the file to the email message or can you attach it but you cannot then send it?

Thirdly, are you seeing any error messages that might give a clue as to what is going wrong?

Finally, bear in mind that VM do have some limitations on attachments.

There is a theoretical limit of 25 megabytes for attachments when you use VM Webmail but because the email has to include a fair bit of transport encoding to support the attachment you may have problems sending files that are more than 22/23 megabytes. If you are using a third party email app or client the limit goes up to 35 megabytes.

There are also a number of file types that are blocked by VM, just for completeness this is the full list:

.ade, .adp, .bat, .cab, .chm, .cmd, .com, .cpl, .exe, .hta, .ins, .isp, .jar, .jse, .lib, .lnk, .mde, .msc, .msp, .mst, .pif, .scr, .sct, .shb, .sys, .vb, .vbe, .vbs, .vxd, .wsc, .wsf, .wsh

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Attachments to emails

For some time I have been unable to attach documents (photos and the like) to my emails. When I attempt to do so the screen freezes up and I am unable to proceed further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Attachments to emails

It could be an issue with your web browser.  Have you tried using a different one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos