Menu
DebJon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Send/Receive error on email

I am unable to receive mails on my blueyonder account on my laptop, showing as above and then 'cannot connect to the server; advising to contact server administration/Internet provider'.  It appears that I can send mails though. Also my partner is receiving mails on his phone. Unfortunately I don't have an alternative device to access my mails. Hope that this all makes sense and that someone can help. Getting desperate!!  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Send/Receive error on email

Check that you are using the recommended settings, see Setting up my Virgin Media email on a device Should the issue persist then consider running the following command in a Command Shell or Terminal window to troubleshoot the issue where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

for IMAP:

curl -v imaps://imap.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr /V "LOGIN" | findstr "A0") || (grep -v "LOGIN" | grep "A0")) 

for POP3:

curl -v pop3s://pop3.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr /V "USER PASS" | findstr "-ERR +OK") || (grep -v "USER\|PASS" | grep "\-ERR\|\+OK")) 

Post the redacted results here.

As a temporary workaround use webmail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @DebJon,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your email account.

I have looked into your account and re-enabled your mailbox(it was already enabled) to refresh your mail account. Please could you let me know if this has worked or not?  

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
DebJon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've only just seen your message. Yes it's all working now thank you. All very strange and frustrating!!  

Thank you for your help and best wishes for 2021.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No apologies needed @DebJon, we are just glad that its all working as it should for you now.

All the best for the new year and here is to a better year in 2021 🙂

Thanks

Steven_L