Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Secondary mail account not working

Secondary e-mail account - unable to view via mail.virginmedia. Account is a NTLworld.com account and used on a regular basis. Web pages open but say to ring "150" or wait an hour. Spoke to Virgin tech support but he was unable to help. He could not explain issue other than the database may have an issue and to try again in 2 or 3 days. We attempted to connect via different mail clients to no avail. Been like this for 3 days now. I have finance and other pending documents within this account - concerned that Virgin has deleted this account for some reason although mail address tester shows valid e-mail address.

Cheers in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary mail account not working

@andygt550 wrote:

Secondary e-mail account - unable to view via mail.virginmedia. Account is a NTLworld.com account and used on a regular basis. Web pages open but say to ring "150" or wait an hour. Spoke to Virgin tech support but he was unable to help. He could not explain issue other than the database may have an issue and to try again in 2 or 3 days.

If the message you are seeing is:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

that usually means that your account has been locked for security purposes however, there is a know fault at the moment, see here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/page/... 

If this secondary account is correctly linked to your Broadband account the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees) should be able to update you and get it sorted for you.

Hang on and they will contact you via this forum to get the necessary details from you. Don't post your email address here. 😉

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi andygt550

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'll be more than happy to help you sort this out today. I'll send you a PM so we can discuss further as we'll be discussing security. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi andygt550,

If you click on my profile it'll show who I am 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for joining me on PM andygt550,

Just to update the thread, the mailbox has been re-enabled

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Checked accounts and they work fine. Many thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear all sorted 🙂 have a lovely day.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos