cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email locked. System won't let me update password

RobWorsfold
Joining in

Very frustrating my wife's email has stopped working and is locked. The Virgin system has asked us to reset the password but it wont let us and rejects everything we try with the following message

"Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one."

There are multiple posts about this issue but no fixes have been published. Can someone get back to me as soon as possible as this has been going on since Thursday and we need to get into this email account ASAP!

This is beginning to cause a real problem as we can't get access to important emails that need answering!

6 REPLIES 6

RobWorsfold
Joining in

I have tried everything to get this email address up and running again, following all the suggestions I can find on this forum but it always fails at the new password set-up and presents this message:

"Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one."

I really would appreciate any suggestions/help

Cheesehead
Tuning in

Exactly the same problem for me with a secondary email.

We had it working with a new password and were able to log in to webmail, but now it's locked itself again and every password we try to change the VM account to is rejected.

What is going on with this, it's driving us nuts!

Somebody please help, I've been at this on and off for 7 days now and we're just going round and round.

tony3ts
Joining in

Exactly the same with me. I am the account holder and my wife has a secondary email address. Sometime today, she was locked out. We followed all the labyrinthine steps to absolutely no avail. We were sent off to repeat all the same information already entered several times to WhatsApp where we were told to be patient. Nothing as yet at 23.15 on October 3.

Hi tony3ts,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues accessing your secondary email currently.

We can see from our end that you have already contacted the team, and this has been reported to the relevant team already for you.

Please keep us posted with the outcome, and pop back here if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I have sorted my issue after hours with tech support. The issue appeared to be mainly down to trying to solve the problem on the virgin website where I just got stuck in a loop of similar error messages, rather than through the Myvirgin phone Ap. 

Glad to hear that this was resolved for you through tech support @RobWorsfold 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley