cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email account password resetting

abtrooper82
Dialled in

As the Primary account holder, I use to be able to reset the passwords on secondary accounts, if those users forgot their passwords. The option is no longer available when I log in and edit email accounts, I only have a delete email account option.

How can I now reset their password as and when required. Please don't tell me that they will need to login to do this and request a password reset. This is no good if they can't get into their email account in the first place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@abtrooper82 wrote:
Could someone please provide me with the link again.

Here is the Forgotten Password link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Despite the rather confusing wording on the starting page,  which ever email address that you enter in the "Email Address" box is the one that will have its password reset.

You can use the same link to reset the password for a Primary or Secondary account. The password reset will be applied just to the email address you enter in this first screen.

I hope that makes more sense!

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If password reminder questions have been setup for the account concerned then the forgotten password route is the way to change the password.

Otherwise the VM Forum Team should be able to assist.  The telephone support staff can do this as well if you manage to get a knowledgeable agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @abtrooper82,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your secondary email account, as @Graham_A, advised have you been able to get your password reset via the forgotten password link? If you haven't been able to do that, I would be able to take a look into this for you. Please let me know, if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Steven_L

I will check the option, but TBH the original option whereby the main account holder could then reset them via the reset password link on the account in question, would have been the preferred route. I would be interested to understand why this option has been removed.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@abtrooper82  I believe that VM made the change to 'improve security' on secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for the responses abtrooper82,

To clarify, did you attempt the forgotten password route?

If so has that been successful?

Regards,

Kain

I have not done this as yet, as it was not clear when I selected the option if I was resetting the secondary account password or the master account. Could someone please provide me with the link again.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@abtrooper82 wrote:
Could someone please provide me with the link again.

Here is the Forgotten Password link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

Despite the rather confusing wording on the starting page,  which ever email address that you enter in the "Email Address" box is the one that will have its password reset.

You can use the same link to reset the password for a Primary or Secondary account. The password reset will be applied just to the email address you enter in this first screen.

I hope that makes more sense!

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you

Keep us updated with how you get on @abtrooper82. Hopefully this will be resolved for you. 
Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley