Menu
David_P1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Secondary email account locked for 8 days

My partner has been unable to login to her personal blueyonder email account (used for over 10 years without issues) for 8 days now.  I am the main VM account holder - her email is a secondary account. Yesterday I received a letter from VM Internet Security re suspicious activity involving her email address which resulted in the locking of MyVM account. I have now successfully reset the password for MyVM account via the forgotten password route - I am able to access my own main email account and this works fine (as it has continued to do throughout this issue).

I suspect also that there has not been any real security issue involving her mailbox. We use Thunderbird as our email client - whenever there is some sort of delay connecting to the VM servers this unhelpfully pops up a login failed dialogue box with the invitation to 'Enter New Password'. Since we had not set a new password via MyVM I suspect that our repeated mistaken attempts to put in a new password in the browser have been diagnosed as a security threat!

However, repeated (correct) attempts to set up a new password for my partner's email account by managing her account from within My VM have no effect - still unable to login. I can only assume that her email address/mailbox remains locked in some way on the VM server. I am therefore looking for some assistance from the VM help forum Team to investigate and hopefully resolve the problem.

Thanks and cheers for now

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary email account locked for 8 days

Hi David_P1

Thanks for reaching out.  To enable me to look into this further, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen. 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_P1

Just a quick post to ask if you're satisfied with our team's response?

Regards

Lee_R

David_P1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem now sorted thanks to assistance via the 150 phone support route. Turned out I was right that too many misguided attempts to enter a new password via the email client triggered a VM security lock of the secondary mailbox. Also thanks for a helpful tip from a member of the forum team on how to protect my email accounts from similar difficulties in the future.
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad that it's all sorted now David_P1, 

Thanks for letting us know, we're around if you need anything else.

Thanks

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos