cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary e-mail

RDale
Tuning in

After changing computers I've been trying to set up my blueyonder email accounts again in Outlook. I've been using webmail for a while and have noticed two of my secondary accounts are not shown. I checked these and they are also missing from my your virgin media settings. In webmail there are e-mails to these two missing secondary accounts under primary headings.

My secondary email refused to connect for a couple of hours earlier, but changing the password corrected that.

I've set up my primary email account and that's working ok, but the secondary account, which is working in webmail, refuses to connect (using the same details from webmail).

RDale_0-1630269991529.png

My settings in webmail use the old imap4@blueyonder.co.uk  but I've also tried imap@virginmedia.com  to no avail.

1. How do I get my old secondary email addresses back?
2. How do I set up my secondary addresses in Outlook?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RDale

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues setting up your blueyonder email accounts in Outlook, I appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, are you trying to set this up in Windows 10? If so, please follow the instructions outlined here to set up the secondary email. 

If you find you're still unable to do so, please let us know.

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

After some sleepless hours I now have both primary and secondary e-mails working in Outlook. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything different this morning to what I was doing last night, but it's working now.

However, Webmail and account settings are only showing one of my 3 secondary email addresses. If I try to compose a message it still shows the other two secondary addresses in the "from:" dropdown. If I try to "Add e-mail account" in webmail it says it already exists. There seems to be no synergy across the various modules! As I was only using Webmail because Outlook wasn't working, this is not an urgent issue for me, but it would be nice to get it fixed just in case ...

Thanks,

Bert

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RDale, sorry to hear not all of your email addresses are showing online - I'd like to take a look into it and see what we can do to help. Please get back to me via PM so we can investigate further.

Tom