Menu
MIBlackburn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Secondary account signup

I have an ntlworld.com email address that I've been using for nearly 20 years as a secondary email account. I recently moved out of my parents, they are the primary account.

Now I signed up to Virgin media at my house using this secondary account but everytime I try to login to change anything on the account, it won't let me as I'm the secondary account.

Is there a way around this? I want to retain the original email address and the emails within as the primary account is still valid and subscribed to Virgin but I want to be able to access my bills, settings, etc. for my home.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary account signup

Hi MIBlackburn,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Just so I am on the same page, can I just confirm you are wanting to move your email from your parent's account over to your new account?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
MIBlackburn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If it's possible to do so while retaining my ntlworld email account, all of the emails in my account and their email accounts/all of their emails. If not, i'ts not a worry on that front.

I just want to be able to access my settings for the account I set up for my new address but it won't let me because of the secondary account status of the email.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MIBlackburn,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry we aren't able to move a email from one account to the other unless it was a movers which is in the same name or a transfer of responsibility, I am sorry however you can still use the email as long as the account is active.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
MIBlackburn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I thought as much with that.

Is there a way of setting up a new email address with my account that I can use to access my bills/settings?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey MIBlackburn,

You can set up a new email account via your online account by going into your online account and My Profile and Manage Accounts but without changing your My Virgin media login details to this as the main account, you wouldn't be able to view any billing from secondary accounts.

If you want to change the login details, once you have set this up, you can then change your username to the new email account via the My Profile page of your account and you can change your username on that page and follow the instructions from the page.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos