cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Email account

A_P314285
Just joined

Hi I have several extra ntlworld email accounts. 

Recently I wanted to change the password for one of them, in the past this was possible by logging into ones primary account , going to manage my email accounts clicking update on the relevant account and changing the password. It would appear the only option available now is to delete the account. I tired to change the password from link below

Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media

But this did not work.

It was possible to change the password by contacting customer services but they could not tell me why account manage privileges have been removed.

I have not been notified of any change of policy does anyone know anything about this

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@A_P314285   Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details.  You should now see the options to change password etc.

I don't think that VM have made any public announcement regarding this recent change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have signed into my account , and navigated to  "Manage other My Virgin Media accounts" where I can see listed my other secondary email address's.

The only options available are to delete the accounts , in the past there was an option to modify account . 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@A_P314285 wrote:

I have signed into my account , and navigated to  "Manage other My Virgin Media accounts" where I can see listed my other secondary email address's.

The only options available are to delete the accounts , in the past there was an option to modify account . 

If you are seeing the option to Manage other My Virgin Media accounts then it means you are signed into the primary account and not the secondary one.  Sign out then go back to the sign in page and this time sign in with your secondary email address and password.

The wording of the sign in page can be misleading.  Each account, primary and secondary, has its own My Virgin Media account page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PhilC
On our wavelength

So, if you have forgotten a password for a secondary account, you can no longer change it via the master account like you could previously, and because you've forgotten that password, you can't login into the secondary account to "manage" the password, so I assume the only way to resolve is to go through the god awful "help desk" and let them change it, which allows them to know your password?

....and I thought NT-Hell were bad......

Hi PhilC,

Thanks for posting,

If you do need us to update a forgotten password for you, once you sign into the account you would then be able to reset this to yourself to something more secure.

Alex_Rm