cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary E-Mail Won't Work, Needs Adjusting, But How?

Dr_Paul
Joining in

When I sign on to my Virginmedia unified e-mail, I get a message box that says: 'Error. The provided login data to access e-mail server imap.virginmedia.com seems to be wrong. Please correct them.' The primary e-mail account seems to be working alright. My secondary e-mail, a Virginmedia account, can't be opened, and has a warning triangle which when clicked on sometimes (not always) takes me to dialogue boxes with lots of technical details which I am loth to tinker with. This started two days ago.

What is happening, and how do I 'correct them', whatever 'them' may be?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Dr_Paul, and a welcome back to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the secondary E-Mail account.

Can you please confirm if you're able to log into the secondary E-Mail account via our webmail platform?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Dr_Paul
Joining in

Thanks for your prompt reply. Is the webmail platform the one that is https://mail.virginmedia.com/appsuite, etc? If so, I can't log into the secondary account from that. I used to be able to open it via that page.

Thanks for coming back to me @Dr_Paul, yes that would be the portal.

Can you please confirm if you are still an active user for Virgin Media's services?

If so, are you able to access your Virgin Media self-care account and manage the secondary account?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Dr_Paul
Joining in

Thanks. The secondary e-mail account is there, but with a triangle sign by it. I can't gain access to it. When I clicked on it just now, it said that it was empty. Yet a sent a test e-mail to it yesterday from my primary account.

Yes, I have Virginmedia for broadband, telly and telephone. I am signed in to my Virginmedia account. How do I reach the self-care account?

It sounds like you are indeed logged into the self-care account already @Dr_Paul.

We'll need to take a closer look into this one for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn