Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam or not

Had numerous phone calls purportedly from Virgin media,most threatning to suspend my acc.if i did not verify my acc.details.Today a email saying the IT dept.indentified fraudulent attempts to my acc.again asking for recent billing details for verification,what is a definitive way of  seperating genuine emails from virgin as opposed to the scams ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Scam or not

Hello

If you have a look at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security the top post shows the latest scam news.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As @DJ_Shadow1966 suggested there is a recent post which likely matches the phishing email you received…

Source: Latest Phishing News 01/04/2020

Hello [email removed],
We are contacting you with important information regarding your Virgin Media account. Our IT security department have identified some fraudulent attempts to your account.
We have been made aware that your account may have been accessed by someone else. In order to help protect you, please sign in to My Virgin Media and provide your most recent billing details.

[link removed]

If this is not completed we will be forced to temporary suspend your account for further verification, to avoid being used for fraudulent purpose.

Thank you for your understanding as we work together to protect your account.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team

No reputable organisation will communicate with you in such a time threatening way. Forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Be vigilant as miscreant are attempting to take advantage of the pandemic to facilitate their criminal activities.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your helpful reply.

0 Kudos