Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Saving sent emails using Virgin webmail

I have given up using an email client and moved to using Virgin webmail. However I am not sure of the best way of saving emails. 

The emails I send go into Sent objects ok but if I save them in a folder I have defined or in the archive only the senders name appears (mine!) which is not helpful. Obviously, I need the recipient's name for sent email and I can't see how to display this. 

The emails I receive that I want to save seem to be ok in my user defined folders except the sort by name function doesn't work fully with some being out of order. 

Finally, will emails be retained permanently in these folders? I would like to keep webmail light for using easily. What does archiving emails them do? Can I use Virgin webmail but save email on my PC hard drive?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Saving sent emails using Virgin webmail

@bbd wrote:

I have given up using an email client and moved to using Virgin webmail. However I am not sure of the best way of saving emails. 

The emails I send go into Sent objects ok but if I save them in a folder I have defined or in the archive only the senders name appears (mine!) which is not helpful. Obviously, I need the recipient's name for sent email and I can't see how to display this. 

Webmail lacks this functionality.

The emails I receive that I want to save seem to be ok in my user defined folders except the sort by name function doesn't work fully with some being out of order. 

Is the name shown in the list below the email address in correct order?

Finally, will emails be retained permanently in these folders? I would like to keep webmail light for using easily. What does archiving emails them do? Can I use Virgin webmail but save email on my PC hard drive?

The email will remain in the folder it is moved to however it is your responsibility to make backups.

IMHO a more constructive option would be to use an email service that:

• is not linked to your use of another service, for example whilst you have broadband service with an ISP
  • provides security that is equal to or greater than the service it will be used with
  • provides the level of data security you need

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped