Menu
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Safe Sender List

Good Morning

I have received an email today from an organisation that I have subscribed to. They are asking if I want to continue receiving emails from them as I have not opened any of their recent emails. 

It turns out the reason I have not opened the emails is because I am not actually receiving them. 

How do I put their email address on a "safe sender list" so I can receive future emails?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Safe Sender List

The VM mail system doesn't have a safe sender facility.  But there is a clue in what the sender of these e-mails is saying. It can detect whether you have opened the mail. The assumption must be that it has detected that you are receiving them.  If the mail was being bounced back they would have seen that and given you different information. The likelihood is that the mail is in your spam folder, having been identified as such by the VM spam filters. Look there for them.  

What you can do is put the sender's address in your contacts list. But that has a variable effect.  Really the only solution to this is try and identify why this mail is not getting into your inbox. But that is a story for another day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You can try adding it to the Contact list in webmail, but this does not always ensure they get through the VM spam filters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I also think I should add that you should check your spam settings in web mail and make sure that the setting is spam to spam folder. It may be that you have the setting as spam to be deleted automatically.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The emails have not gone into my spam folder.

I will add the sender to my contacts and see if that helps. 

How do I check my spam folder settings to make sure it is spam to spam and not spam to deleted?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

RHS top of screen - three bars (hamburger!). Click.

Drop down menu, click on settings

In settings, click on arrow next to "Email"

Select "Spam settings" and check them

Exit .

How are you managing your e-mail. Are you using the web mail interface or an e-mail program like Outlook. Have a look at the Spam folder in VM's web mail interface to see if those missing e-mails are there, if you are using a program like Outlook to manage your mail.

0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I have checked the spam setting now and it is showing as "Move message to spam folder" as ticked.

The mail client I have is Thunderbird but have not used it for a long time. I am just using Virgin Media mail.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is very odd. The settings are right. If the sender is reporting that the mail has been sent but they can see it hasn't been opened you are going to have to ask them for a copy of the message they are receiving which tells them that the message has been received by VM and not bounced back. Post it here with your e-mail address removed (just the bit before the @ symbol).

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@molly1752 

One other thing you could check is to make sure that you have not inadvertently blacklisted the sender.

I may be wrong (if so HowardML and Graham_A will soon correct me 😉) but I think that any message received from a blacklisted sender just disappears without anyone being any the wiser. That would explain why the organisation thinks that you have received their messages but just have not opened them.

Click the system menu icon (the 3 black horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar.

From the drop down menu click Settings.

Then expand the E-mail options and finally select Blacklist.

You should see a list of any blacklisted senders.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
molly1752
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The email this morning telling me I was not reading their emails came from the same email address that the previous emails would have been sent from so it got through and went into my inbox. Since I placed the sender on my contact list I have now received another email from the same sender using the same email address so something appears to have worked. 

I searched on the senders email address earlier today and this showed me nothing has been received. I have now searched again and I now have four emails in my inbox, two from today, one from 21st April and one from 28th April. The later two are showing as new. Not sure what is going on but as above something has worked.

Thank you for all the advice and help. 

0 Kudos