Menu
helenhollis2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SPAM error messages when sending email with pdf attachment

I am a teacher.  I send homework to pupils often as email attachments.

suddenly last week any emails I sent with a pdf from a site I use regularly became blocked from sending with a SPAM error message (5.7.0 SPAM content found (VM603) 

I can send emails with pdf attachments from other sites. 

I downloaded new pdf from affected site and tried to send it - no luck

I then converted the pdf to word doc.  and surprise i could send the email!

Tried to speak to get it resolved by calling Virgin technical team but they currently do not have a solution

I believe the site i use has been incorrectly identified as SPAM.  I could send emails with attachments from this site fine before the middle of last week. 

The site is http://www.mental-arithmetic.co.uk/

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SPAM error messages when sending email with pdf attachment

Frequent updates to the matching data used by spam filters is likely to be responsible for this and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours. appears to have already cleared itself. Can you confirm this?

FYI: to test sent following link in email http://www.mental-arithmetic.co.uk/Year-1.htm

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

helenhollis2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPAM error messages when sending email with pdf attachment

thanks.  I can confirm that it certainly has seemed to clear.  However now I have a letter regarding SPAM coming from a device using our internet connection from Virgin Media but when I rang them they denied all knowledge of sending it.   this letter came in the post - not an email virgin letter .JPG

0 Kudos
helenhollis2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPAM error messages now I have been sent letter in Post by Virgin alerting me of SPAM

following the issue I had 2 weeks ago sending emails with a particular pdf triggering SPAM alerts - On Monday 1 June we received the following letter in the post from Virgin.  However they claim no knowledge of it when we called up?

virgin edited letter .jpg

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPAM error messages now I have been sent letter in Post by Virgin alerting me of SPAM

Hi helenhollis2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome, I am sorry you haven't been able to clarify if the spam letter has come from us, I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos