Menu
GrifsGrif
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SPAM EMAILS

Yesterday received two emails each similar but using different email addresses. I have around 5 or 6.still. (a) Failed Billing Reference: VM850861608 & (b) Failed Billing Reference: VM402019287 - if of interest to members.

Both from (teste@sistisolucoes.com.br)  - each threatening interruption of package.on 11th Jan Tried to 'phone 151 waited 26 mins before visiting  virginmedia.com but was unable to find direct reporting of matter. Went to complaints page - and received a response that help could take 28 days - understandable up to a point with Covid-19 about but a long time if package(s) subject to close down.

As it happens my monthly bill is notified early in the month and  automatically paid later. once recalled  "anxiety" disappeared. Had a significant  money scam a few days before - my bank stopped a significant money transfer and suspended my account - reinstated when I phoned - 3 calls each lasting around 30 mins before response - removed the worry. However, thought the emails could be connected, until recalling Virgin billing process.

Thought the info might be use to other members

Stay safe best wishes for a better 2021 to all

GrifsGrif

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SPAM EMAILS

Hi GrifsGrif,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened  with the billing emails. 

To report this I would advise forwarding scam emails to: phishing@virginmedia.com

^Martin

0 Kudos
GrifsGrif
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Martin

Did try to find such a provision on the Virgin Media site, so thanks for directing me. Much appreciated.

One other thing if I may. The images to get into the community are not always that easy to see properly, particularly if one is just a month off one's 84th birthday and suffering from glaucoma and a cataract. Eyesight still good enough to carry on driving though, so my optician told me. so, Life's not that bad.

Regards

GrifsGrif

0 Kudos
twistedsister11
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just recieved one of these today. Could not find a way of getting through to virgin. Signed on the forum today and glad I did as I now know it’s 100% not legit. I did think it was strange. 

0 Kudos
GrifsGrif
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi TS 11 Glad to be of help.

Concerned at first, then realised similarity to 'phone calls threatening  cancellation. Then realised that direct debit not due at that time. email and & web still working and it's the 12th. Day or after threat.

Will try and forward them to phishing@virgin.... tomorrow.

Do take care, this pandemic takes it out of one, trying to stay safe when visiting shops and the like. Worth the effort.

Best wishes for staying safe  GrifsGrif

0 Kudos