Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: SORRY Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Hi

This has just happened to me.  can not get into my secondary account.  This is a free email service set up several years ago.  I understand VM might want to get rid of these but they are allowing people to set these email accounts up still!

I have tried to phone them several times today they can't get into the accounts apparently, and when I force the issue saying that is just not acceptable, incorrect etc they literally hang up on me.  4 times now!!!

I have  just lost all my emails personal and work - I had no warning at all about this or I would have done something about it.

Can anyone help at all in advising how to get access to get my current emails out of that system

thanks

Gail

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon gailhible,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with the E-Mail account, do you still have active services with Virgin Media?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have never had active accounts with virgin media expect a mobile pay as you go which I still have.  the email account was a free one, there was no requirement at all to have any services with virgin.  

I have read plenty that now say well what do you expect - I expect them to give me warning before just deleting/blocking or closing my secondary account that is used every single day so I have chance to deal with it.

I have received no warning notification at all that this was going to happen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the inconvenience gailhible.

We haven't offered free email address for quite some time and have been closing down email address not link to active Virgin Media accounts as this has been a requirement for a long time.

We appreciate it frustrating but due to the above we wouldn't be able to get the account activated again.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well that's all you know.  i am in the process of doing this right now as its been locked not closed.

VM using "security" as a reason for locking then closing accounts.  Its ridiculous just tell us to move if you don't want to give us free email anymore

0 Kudos