Menu
ploubx
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SMTP issue. Can't send

Hello

I'm using OX11.1 and the Mail app. After many years with no problems I can't send emails. IMAP works fine. Connection doctor tells me it can't connect to the SMTP server. Using 

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com/ -u myaddress@mydomain.com:password 2>&1 | grep "235\|VM"

Returns

0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:07 --:--:--     0< 535 5.7.8 Authentication Credentials Invalid (VM300)

They seem fine on screen and tally with the setting given on Virgin's help thing. I've reset my password online and tried again. Same result.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SMTP issue. Can't send

Before flagging this issue to the forum team can you confirm same authentication credentials allow you to sign into webmail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ploubx
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SMTP issue. Can't send

Many thanks. I had, a couple of years ago changed my username on webmail. Adding this in the (optional) Username field for the outgoing mail server seems to have cured my send issue. The username on the IMAP setting is still my original email address however and this appears to work. Confusing, also this problem has arisen long after I changed my username on webmail.

But many thanks anyway.

0 Kudos