cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Outgoing Email Authentication Failing

KVoice
On our wavelength

OK. I've read previous posts in the matter of SMTP authentication and why sometimes it might fail (incorrect username, password, spam detection etc) but I am now reporting that in spite of repeatedly changing my Virgin password as instructed, the Virgin SMTP system quickly then reverts to failing again hence requires me to change my password yet again before I can get back on to send out emails. I have thoroughly checked all devices for malware and all such virus detection is reportedly clean. I have been using the Virgin SMTP service happily since 2007 with no problems up until this week in September 2021 when now this repeated SMTP failure has kicked in. So, there's nothing wrong with my credentials, so why does the SMTP failure keep on coming back? 

1 REPLY 1

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KVoice

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your email, I appreciate how frustrating this must be and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details to see if we can resolve this for you on our end. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide