cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC Policy Violation detected

Postmark
Joining in

Recently, emails from our server  to @ntlworld.com addresseses are being blocked and the NDR from Virgin Media states "... Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected ..."

I've posted a sample below.

These emails are all messages to confirmed opt-in subscribers of email discussion-lists hosted on our server. We do not send spam and we have various filters in place to block spam from reaching these lists. We publish SPF and DMARC records and DKIM sign our outgoing mail.

Cisco reports our IP as having a good email reputation with zero spam and not listed on any legitimate blacklists.

It's not clear what "SMC Policy Violation" means, but any assistance in getting this block removed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nov  6 21:17:13 lhr postfix/smtp[27647]: 40BCA25A79: to=<REDACTED@ntlworld.com>, relay=mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11]:25, delay=1025, delays=1024/0.02/0.19/0.61, dsn=4.2.0, status=deferred (host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net[212.54.56.11] said: 421 4.2.0 MXIN618 Temporary SMC Policy Violation detected, retry later ;id=jT3pmUDGknQyPjT3pmYK4X;sid=jT3pmUDGknQyP;mta=mx7.tb;dt=2021-11-06T22:17:13+01:00;ipsrc=178.62.98.103; (in reply to end of DATA command))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Postmark

Glad to hear it seems sorted. If it happens again do let me know 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Postmark

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the confusion here.

Can you send me a PM with the email address in question, your full name and the account it belongs too. The full version of the email including the errors and the header.

I'll forward this on to the relevant team.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Postmark

Glad to hear it seems sorted. If it happens again do let me know 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team