cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round and round in circles!

JMZUK
Joining in

I took over this account upon the death of my father last year in March. Whilst I can't fault most aspects of the service I'd really appreciate if someone could finally give me a straight answer on webmail!!

When taking over the account, I was told that the old primary "ntlworld.com" webmail would be deactivated within 90 days and I'd be free to create a new webmail account should I wish.

I chased this a couple of weeks ago and after being on the phone for 2 hours, I got these stories;

1- Sales - Yes entirely possible, will forward to faults to discuss.

2- Faults - Sorry, entirely not possible, only way is to close the account and fully re-open in new name.

3- Cancellations - Possible and should be sorted within 24 hours..

4 - Cancellations (2nd attempt) - Possible but needs IT involvement - raised a ticket.

5 - IT Team - "all fixed".

It's still not fixed, I'm happy to cancel and re-open but I just need someone in Virgin to give me a unified answer.

Really shouldn't be this difficult to erase or at least unlink the webmail of a deceased parent..

Any geniuses about?

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JMZUK, thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your Father's passing - please accept my sincerest condolences.

Secondly, please accept my apologies that this has taken so long to get sorted for you in terms of being able to register for My Virgin Media. Let's hope I can get this sorted for you once and for all.

Please allow me to send you a PM in the next minute or so asking some security questions, so please expect this to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W