Menu
cliplesspedals
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Retaining email address

Hi, moved house, new home not served by Virgin. However my daughter lives nearby and is connecting to Virgin Media.

Can I retain my existing email address by adding it to her account within the 90 day cutoff period?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retaining email address

if you do this it would erase your daugters email account with Virgin, but it is technically possible

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cliplesspedals
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dannylau.

I don't think she has created a Virgin mail address at present

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@cliplesspedals wrote:

Thank you Dannylau.

I don't think she has created a Virgin mail address at present

Give it a couple of days for a virgin rep to get back to you, you are going to need both your own and your daughters account details

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Cliplesspedals and welcome to our community.

We can put this through on a request although it would erase the current email addresses on the active account so it may be worth checking that there isn't one on there your daughter would like to keep. As well as this we'd need to pass security on both accounts.

I'll pop you over a private message now if you can answer the questions I said for both accounts. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion there, I've just double checked and we'd need to pass security with both you and your daughter. 

If she is able to create a forum profile and post on this thread so we can pass security with you both we can then do this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
cliplesspedals
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily,

my daughter is currently in the process of having Virgin Media installed in her flat as a new customer. I will proceed with this when

everything is ready

Regards cliplesspedals

0 Kudos
cliplesspedals
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

my daughter Emma is now connected and will join the community, look for this thread and hopefully we can continue te process

Regards cliplesspedals

0 Kudos
Pinklollypop
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daanylau,

This is Emma, I have now created my community profile. Can you please send me and my dad the security questions so that we can move the email accounts? I have not set up any email accounts when I became a customer.

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The process being discussed is what VM call a move and transfer. If your father asks for his soon to be defunct e-mail address to be transferred to you it will replace your primary e-mail address and give him the ability to log in and control your entire VM account, as well as the e-mail account.  It matters not a jot that you haven't created a VM e-mail address. You have been given a primary address by VM when you joined up. That is the one that will be erased.  It is entirely undesirable for any one but you to have control of your account. I suspect that once this is recognised by VM they will refuse to make this change.

It is simply not possible to add your father's e-mail address to your account. That is not a process that exists.