cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset password on a secondary email account

CbWTheOC
Joining in

After reading the threads, I'm having the same issue of being unable to reset the password on my sons account (a secondary account from my own).

Looks like I need a member of the forum team to reach out.

Can someone from the forum team message me directly to help resolve please?

8 REPLIES 8

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CbWTheOC,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry that you're experiencing difficulties resetting your password on your secondary email account.

Please can you try the below first, and if you need further assistance, pop back here.

1. Sign in to My Virgin Media using the email address concerned and the current password.
  2. Go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one.
  3. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.
  4. Click on Update Settings then Account details.
  5. You should now see the options to change password etc.
  6. If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password.

Kind regards Jodi. 

CbWTheOC
Joining in

Thanks Jodi, that doesn't work. It's my sons account and he can't remember his password. The forgotten password link doesn't work.

Hi @CbWTheOC 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Is your Son trying to access his email via a third party client, such as Apple Mail etc? If so, that is the way to access it.

Keep me posted. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

He's trying to access it via android email. The password he set stopped working and now we are trying to reset it.

Hi @CbWTheOC 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Is it via a third party client? If so, then the only way to reset this if a secondary mail account is what my colleague has advised.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The instructions above don't work.

I don't have those options, going through the web. I only have the option to delete the account.

CbWTheOC_0-1693236237414.png

The link above to reset the password also doesn't work.

This is really poor service. It should not be this difficult to reset a password on an email account. This functionality used to be available. Why has it been removed?

amended image with personal details removed

CbWTheOC_0-1693239348036.png

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CbWTheOC,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to change the password on your Sons Email which is a secondary one, we are unable to change the password for these.

Regards

Paul.