cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Blueyonder email password

Rosie123
Joining in

I cannot get into my Blueyonder emails .. asking for password in mail settings.. I have not touched this .. it just stopped working .. virgin media site does not recognise my email address as my username… any help or suggestions please would be very much appreciated.. many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

albob
Superfast

Try following the advice in this thread 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

==

Do you have an active Broadband account with Virgin Media? ( a must have if you want to use one of their email addresses..)

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rosie123 wrote:

I cannot get into my Blueyonder emails .. asking for password in mail settings.. I have not touched this .. it just stopped working .. virgin media site does not recognise my email address as my username… any help or suggestions please would be very much appreciated.. many thanks 

If you are getting the username unrecognised message then that may suggest that your blueyonder email address is not linked to your current VM broadband account.  This thread may explain:. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rosie, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 
Sorry to hear you are having difficulties accessing your blue yonder email, were you able to follow the advice in the threads posted above? 

Thank you to the community for their support. Let us know how you got on after following the instructions here

All the best. 

Molly

Thank you to everyone who posted messages with suggestions to help me.

I was given hope from Virgin iT dept .. after days of trying to get thru.. buts not having an active broadband Acct this proved very difficult indeed.  I was told this could be resolved .. given a repair ticket no.. and telephone number to ring for updates if it wasn’t resolved within 5 days.. what a load of waffle..the telephone number was the wrong dept I was told when I called ..so back to the beginning for me again.. finally got thru to IT dept again .. who told me they had cancelled my repair ticket.. and had also closed my email Acct.. I was told they can do this as I did not have an active broadband Acct (for over 3 years) so they closed my email and this us usually done after 90 days.  A member had sent me a explanation that this would happen.. but army the time I actually thought it was being addressed by Virgin IT.  How wrong was I !!!  I was appalled by Virgin’s terrible service.. no warning beforehand.. they just pulled the plug..

thanks to all who tried to help me.  

Hi @Rosie123,

Thank you for the update on this. I am so sorry to hear that the team have confirmed that the email account has now been deactivated and deleted.

As you've detailed, this is something that is typically done within 90 days of the email no longer being linked to an active broadband account. We detail this within our Terms & Conditions.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!