Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Request to close down a Virgin email account

I've got an outstanding virgin email account.  How do I request this to be closed down?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request to close down a Virgin email account

What do you mean? Are you still a VM broadband customer, if so you can't close your email account. Just don't use it. If you have left VM and your account is still open after 90 days wait here for help from the VM Forum Team. But it will help them immensely to help you if you are bit more precise about what is going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, 

I've not been a Virgin Media Broadband Customer for quite some time, but still have an active Virgin email account active. 

I can still access this e-mail account, but want to close the e-mail account down.

Hope this is helpful.

HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Of course it is! A VM team member will be along soon (up to a week) to help you get it closed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, jstanl100,

Apologies for the delayed response. Have you been able to get this account deleted since your post?

If it is an email address that is not linked to an account or if it is a secondary email, then we are able to delete it. If it is the primary email address on an account, this cannot be removed and we would advise following these steps: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-has-been-hacked

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello.  I've just responded back to the message sent to me directly so hopefully that helps (apologies for delay). Hopefully the team can delete the e-mail account, or if required both the Virgin Media account and the e-mail account.   The account has not been hacked, and I can log on - I just want to remove it. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Anonymous

Just to confirm that the team have now removed the requested mailbox from all of our servers and nobody should now be able to log into your mailbox.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, That has removed it.  Really helpful and thanks for sorting. 

0 Kudos