Menu
CH2021
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Request Removal Of Old Blueyonder Alternate Email Addresses Please :)

Hi VM,

I have four very old Blueyonder 'alternate email' aliases tied to my VM account, and they are redundant now. These are from the days before VM took over.

However they are still collecting a lot of spam and I would like them deleted permanently.

Please could someone assist in removing them?

Kind Regards

CH

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request Removal Of Old Blueyonder Alternate Email Addresses Please :)

You had better be prepared for some disappointment. The options for complete account management of blueyonder addresses was removed some time ago when VM integrated the mail systems of its predecessor organisations. 

This is the current position:

If these "alias" addresses are linked to secondary blueyonder accounts you can delete them yourself in My Virginmedia but to do this you need to delete the secondary account they are attached to. The aliases share the same mailbox and password as the secondary account they are attached to.

If they are linked to what is now the primary blueyonder account you cannot delete them because to do so would be to delete the primary account which you cannot do.

Now this is a serious warning. VM have said that they will look at removing "alias" address from primary accounts. My view is that you would be ill-advised to ask them to do this. The last one of these I saw lead to complete disaster.  VM managed to delete the primary account (somehow, and heaven knows how or even what they did) and it was the devil of a job for them to get it back into working condition. 

You can work out for yourself what is the best way forward.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request Removal Of Old Blueyonder Alternate Email Addresses Please :)

Hi there @CH2021

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums, its great to have you on board! 

I am so sorry to hear you are having this issue with your old email accounts, however I can see that @HowardML has provided a brilliant and in depth response that is completely correct. Can I ask whether these addresses are linked to your primary or secondary email at all? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide