Menu
tonyburt121
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Report a phishing attempt

I called Action Fraud today was told to send the spam email to The National Cyber Security Centre.  But I can not forward the email because Virgin block me from sending it is the said it is spam and will not send it.  Irony is did not spot it coming in the first place is beyond me.

So can you let us report spam email to this email  address report@phishing.gov.uk as soon as possible.

Here is the Action Fraud website for more information regarding this.

actionfraud.police.uk/report-phishing

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Report a phishing attempt

phishing is a everyday thing,. Nothing anyone can do. It its being report as spam when you send VM already know about it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Report a phishing attempt

@tonyburt121 wrote:

I called Action Fraud today was told to send the spam email to The National Cyber Security Centre.  But I can not forward the email because Virgin block me from sending it is the said it is spam and will not send it.  Irony is did not spot it coming in the first place is beyond me.

So can you let us report spam email to this email  address report@phishing.gov.uk as soon as possible.

Here is the Action Fraud website for more information regarding this.

actionfraud.police.uk/report-phishing

I was about to re-iterate a point made previously that Virgin Media's spam filter should allow for the reporting of phishing emails to targetted organisations, for example financial institution, but then ActionFraud  do state in the link posted by @tonyburt121:

Update 28/04/2020

In a small number of cases, an email may not reach the Suspicious Email Reporting Service due to it already being widely recognised by spam detection services. The vast majority of reports do reach the system and, if found to contain malicious content, are acted upon automatically. We encourage you to please keep reporting any suspicious emails you receive to help prevent others from falling victim to scams.
0 Kudos