Menu
Oldgrey76
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Repeat scam emails

I am still a blueyonder.co.uk user and although I have had the odd scam email before I am now getting 3 or 4 scam “Norton renewal” emails a day.  They appear to be from different senders.

Is there anything I can try to stop this

Thanks

CPS7
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeat scam emails

Same thing happening to me on a ntlworld address.  You can set up a rule in VM Mail to move any emails with Norton in title to spam folders. May be a total coincidence but I ended up on block list last week and couldn’t send email, reading these forums the last few days, other people with legacy accounts ending up on blocked lists also..

0 Kudos
Tinaherbert
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeat Norton, Bitcoin & McAfee scam emails

Both my husband and I, still with blue yonder email addressed just realising, we started to receive scam emails for Norton, McAfee telling us our account is infected with viruses and computer will shut down etc. These are coming in 10x day, tried blocking but still some in from different email senders for weeks now. We are now suspecting this has to do with the Virgin security leak? Has anybody officially complained or gone to Ofcom? It’s becoming unbearable, we don’t open them, just deleting. Is the only option to leave Virgin? 

0 Kudos
Oldgrey76
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly what is happening to me.  Can’t think that Ofcom could help (?) and leaving Virgin is a last resort as in general I have been very pleased.  Presumably if we just closed our troublesome email account and opened another one (still a pain) it would solve the problem.  Do you think the emails will stop “when they get tired” or will they continue indefini?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oldgrey76  Tinaherbert,

Thank you both for posting on the Community Forums, and I'm sorry to hear that you have also been receiving a lot of scam emails recently.

Sometimes certain scam emails can fall through the filter net, but there are some extra steps you can take an advice listed here. There's also some information on how to create filter rules which will allow you to manage the flow of incoming messages more specifically here

If you both have any specific concerns in regards to your data, you're welcome to check out our GDPR page which includes a contact email address for our Data Protection Office if you'd like to discuss any concerns you may have.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe,

Beth 

0 Kudos