Menu
jitkabryn
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Remove ntlworld email.

My husband's ntlworld email was hacked. He is a secondary member. We have changed it, and the password, but now we cannot confirm the new email - a bit of Catch 22.  Need to open the mail to confirm it,  but cannot open it before it is confirmed.  Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove ntlworld email.

@jitkabryn wrote:

My husband's ntlworld email was hacked. He is a secondary member. We have changed it, and the password, but now we cannot confirm the new email - a bit of Catch 22.  Need to open the mail to confirm it,  but cannot open it before it is confirmed.  Please help

From your description I suspect what you have done it change the username for the secondary email address.  The new username has to be a third party email address to which you already have access.  It does not change the underlying email address, only the way you access it via Virgin Media webmail.

You should be able to cancel the username change from the My Profile > Manage accounts tab within your primary My Virgin Media account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove ntlworld email.

Hi jitkabryn,

Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for your first post!

I'm sorry for our delayed response from here, and to hear you've gotten into a bit of a pickle with your My Virgin Media account/email account.

I'm going to pop you over a PM so I can help out - please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos