Menu
Davs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remove blueyonder email account/addresses

I have a Blueyonder account that I have been told is my main account and cannot delete. I have not used this account for some time because of the amount of spam that was coming through, but keep an eye on it to keep it to police it.  I have just recently received an email saying they have one of my pass words which I verified. I have have being through and updated all my accounts and changed all passwords, but I am concerned that my weak link is the Blueyonder email account and what to delete it altogether. Surely the Blueyonder account can be deleted as I have read in other forums.

I do have a secondary email account which is a Virginmedia account and I experience no issues at all with any spam. Can the Virginmedia account be made my main account and the Blueyonder account deleted.

Any help and advice with this issue would be much appreciated

Regards, Davs

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Remove blueyonder email account/addresses

Miscreants will often try to re-enforce the point of a threat with something a recipient knows to be true, for instance by claiming to have compromising material and as a demonstration of truth quote a password. The former claim is false and the latter is from passwords disclosed in previous data breaches.

FYI: to see where your email address has been part of a data breach go to https://haveibeenpwned.com and enter you email address. To see whether the password has been exposed in data breach go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords and enter the password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Davs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice and info, I have checked both links you have sent me,

Regarding email address, apparently I have been compromised 4 times back in 3x in 2017, 1x in 2019

Regarding passwords, no pawnage found.

This has reassured me a bit, so thank you for that and I have reviewed and updated passwords as recommended.

I still would like the option of deleting the Blueyonder email account though, so see if any thing else comes back.

Regards Davs

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davs, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the blueyonder email address and our IT team will be able to delete this for you. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris. 

0 Kudos
Graham2169
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there! I am having the same sort of trouble with my blueyonder.co.uk  account that I no longer use. When I received notification a few years back that my blueyonder.co.uk account had been compromised, I immediately changed e-mail address & password. Since Christmas just passed I have been receiving spam e-mails from my former blueyonder.co.uk account regards various Macafee & Norton anti virus subscriptions expiring & due for renewal. 

I am well aware of when my official virus protection is up for renewal. Can I have assistance please also to have my blueyonder.co.uk address removed completely. I am now at the annoyed stage of how many spam e-mails I have to delete each day.

Many thanks.

Graham.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham2169, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having some issues with an old email address, this isn't good. 

It is something we can help with we'll just need a few details and we can get the ball rolling so I'll pop you a personal message now. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos